The automatic loading of bundles located in InputManagers folders is now officially unsupported. The conditions for valid input manager bundle is further tightened. This functionality is likely to be disabled in a future release.
- The valid installation is now restricted to the /Library/InputManagers folder only. Bundles in other locations are silently ignored.
- All the files in the bundle and /Library/InputManagers folder itself must be owned by the root user and admin group. No files inside the bundle can have group or other write permissions.
- Processes running with the root privilege (getuid() == 0 or geteuid() == 0) cannot load any bundle input manager.
- Processes running with the wheel group privilege cannot load any bundle input manager.
- The process must be in the active workspace session at the time of loading the bundles.
- The process must not be tainted by changing user or group id (checked by issetugid()).
- No 64-bit processes can load any bundle input managers.
Blogged with the Flock Browser