Creating the SSL Certificate
1. Follow the steps given in the chapter 3 of Apple Push Notification Service Programming Guide to create SSL certificate.
2. Import the aps_developer_identity.cer to the keychain.Then you have to export these new cert and the private key of this cert (not the public key) and saved as .p12 files.
3. Then you use these commands to generate the cert and key in Mac’s Terminal for PEM format (Privacy Enhanced Mail Security Certificate)
- openssl pkcs12 -clcerts -nokeys -out cert.pem -in cert.p12
- openssl pkcs12 -nocerts -out key.pem -in key.p12 // key.p12 is the private key
4. The cert.pem and key.pem files will be used by your own program communicating with APNS.
5. Remove the passphase of private key in key.pem, do this
- openssl rsa -in key.pem -out key.unencrypted.pem
6. Then combine the certificate and key
- cat cert.pem key.unencrypted.pem > ck.pem